Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Erisa Top Student
Top Student
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to connect - Wireless Network

HP Pavilion m4-1001tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good day!

So, this laptop always connected to a LAN cable, and we've rarely brought it away. We're rarely connected to the internet via wireless router, since I don't bring it much. In instances like that 2 years ago, we can connect it seamlessly. But lately, I've been bringing it to school, and it cannot connect by wifi to any router or hotspot.

I tried the suggestions from HP Support, like the modifications done in device manager, installing an updated driver for the wireless adapter, restoring the BIOS to its default setup, and others. Still, I can't connect to the wireless networks.

Any suggestions?

PS: The wireless network adapter in this laptop is a 'Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
hp1000-1b10au Tutor
Tutor
22 11 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to connect - Wireless Network

Try these fixes:

Go to device manager and uninstall the network adapters and reboot.

Then update all the network adpters.

If this does not fix: try a nework troubleshooter.

Then go to your products home page and get the correct drivers. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation