Note on archived topics.
05-12-2016 08:01 AM
Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and haven't been able to print from the lap top since.
05-12-2016 08:51 AM
If you left the printer program / software on the computer during the migration to Windows 10, the Microsoft check service that looks for incompatible programs would likely have just left it alone.
The problem is that even if the existing printer program is of a version that should work, the software on the computer gets mangled during the migration process.
You need to remove the existing printer program from Programs and Features / Apps and Features and replace it with a freshly downloaded installation package.
Printer Driver Page:
Full Feature Software (printer program):
Released: Nov 3, 2015
Help, suggestions, and examples:
NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10 or if you need to re-install the printer software:
- Create a Restore Point >
- Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >
- Remove any existing printer software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features >
- Restart the computer and log in >
- Install Full Feature Software (look in your Downloads folder and Double-Click on the file) >
- Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation
Section(s) of interest include:
- Extras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
- The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)
- Restart Everything
- Download and Installation
- Remove Printer Software
- See who and what is on your network
- Create a Restore Point
When you see a Post that helps you,
Inspires you, provides fresh insight,
Or teaches you something new,
Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.
Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.