Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Yesterday I started playing a game in my laptop without external power supply and suddenly my laptop automatically got shut down.After that I was unable to start it without external power supply.When I turned it on it started showing that battery is not charging and a day later I started getting a blue screen with error code 0xc0000102.I followed instructions from the HP website to recover my system but whenever I pressed f11(for system recovery) I am getting error code 0xc000000f.Someone please help me .
I am using HP pavilion notebook(windows 10)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @krishnamuganur

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I'd love to assist you in fixing this.

The F11 option may not work because of

- software problem (got corrupted/erased due to Windows Update, OS reinstallation/upgrade, etc...)

- hardware problem in general (e.g. HDD issue)

** Can you confirm your full PC model and product number (PN) with me - details here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

** Was your PC upgraded to Win 10 from previous/older Windows edition ?

** Can you test your PC for hardware issues ?

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) even before logo appears

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics (or the respective F button for diagnostics).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform hard disk HDD and RAM memory check.

Let me know the test results.

Looking forward to your feedback/reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
When I start my laptop a blue screen appears with message showing
Your PC/device needs to be repaired
The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
File:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\tpm.sys
Error code 0xc0000102

I have checked all hardware and they are working properly.
HP Recommended

Hi @krishnamuganur

I am kind of "blind" because I have pretty much no information about your PC. Could you please follow the initial suggestions in the initial post and provide the requested details.

Generally speaking, if this isn't malware/virus, tpm.sys should be legitimate Windows driver for the TPM module. What is a TPM device >> https://www.howtogeek.com/237232/what-is-a-tpm-and-why-does-windows-need-one-for-disk-encryption/

It might be software issue with Windows and the driver, could be memory issue, could be TPM issue.

Please, run the tests, especially RAM/memory tests, try to enter BIOS (F10) and see if you have a TPM device and an option to disable it. I don't know your device and I can't be 100% sure if it has a TPM or not.

Looking forward to your details and reply. Cheers !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.