Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hamada-Elwan Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Undetected fingerprint device

I have lost my original hard drive and had to get a new one along with totally new operating system, I am using windows 7, my laptop model is Pavilion DV6-6092EX, I have installed all the drivers needed for my laptop and everything seems to work fine except for my fingerprint reader!! I have tried everything to get it back to work but I didnt get any luck with it, uninstalled the device along with the drivers and reinstalled it, updated them, updated the BIOS, downloaded the software needed which is "HP Simplepass Identity Protection" etc... NOTHING works!

One of the solutions was to download an access manager, but I couldnt get to find it anywhere as it suppose to be under System & Security which should be listed under all the drivers needed for my laptop model on HP site.

I am getting really frustrated as I cant get anywhere to get my fingerprint back to work and all I get from the operating software that it can not detect the device.

Please help, and thank you all in advance.

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
19695 1625 6354
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

According to your listed Validity Sensor Driver (Version 4.3.205.0),

this first SimplePass software should work: SimplePass V5.3.1.7

HP SimplePass sp54680 V5.3.1.7

====================================================================================

Rules about "Order of Events"

• Install Driver First - Reboot
  • Next Install Software

Later:

Anytime you make changes, you can expect the softwware to complain.  One way to get around this is to go into Programs, Right click on the SimplePass software and click on Repair.  This reinstalls the software without destroying the existing Simple database and fixes many issues.  Reboot after the "repair".

If all this fails, there is an Authentic HP SimplePass version that may work for you...

=====================================================================================

One more note:

You can go into your Device Manager > Biometric Devices > right click on your Validity driver and uninstall it.  When you reboot, the driver will reinstall.  That can "kick" the driver back into working sometimes.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Hamada-Elwan Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cant believe it actually worked this time, with the very first suggestion.
Thank you ever so much! :)
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19695 1625 6354
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You are welcome.

I have removed the bits you did not use / need for the other versions and left the extra info at the bottom.

Now that you have the software working again, be sure to do the following:

Export the Webcard Database:

If you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards before proceeding. In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.  Follow the directions to create your .tsd file.  Keep it in a safe place - perhaps on a USB flash drive...

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export

NOTE: File will be named *.tsd

Happy Computing!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
DamienK Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Soooooo unbelievable, you solved my problem, thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation