cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
David_Stewart
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Unidentifiable Light code

HP Recommended
HP Probook 4545s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop doesn't turn on. Upon an attempted startup i get 10 blinks (White) from the power plug LED. I've yet to find any decend documentation about this light code. I suspect a bad charging port - which is easy enough to repalce - just want to make sure im not waisting my time. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,614 3,973
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@David_Stewart Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore and there is a light blinking on the power plug/adapter,

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
David_Stewart
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I read these articles before making this post - The particular light code i am seeing is, for whatever reason, not shown in any of this documentation. I have reseated the RAM and HDD and cleaned the machine - i have replaced the charger and the battery as well. I suspect it's a charging port - but i don't want to replace that until i know it isn't a processor or something similar. 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,614 3,973
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@David_Stewart

Thank you for replying,

As on the document i shared earlier: if the light is blinking continuously its an issue with either the charger port or the power port connected to the motherboard, either way you will need to contact the HP Phone support and get your laptop repaired:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation