Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
16 12 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Unknown Device after Windows 10 installation

HP Recommended
Pavilion 11 x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10 my device manager shows that my PCI encryption/decryption controler has no drivers installed.  I tried using the HP support website to obtain all the drivers but it still wont load the Intel Trusted Execution drivers and now shows "unknown device" with no drivers loaded.  How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,151 110,331 17,588 26,887
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has an Intel processor...

Try this version:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6431933&swItemId=ob_128754_1&swEnvOid=419...

Also, please post the hardware ID for the unknown device.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager, and click on the unknown device.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the unknown device window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 12 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice.  I tried the driver you provided a link to but it didn't change anything (except to tell me it was an older version).  The string you asked me to copy is:

ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3400

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The reason the driver I posted didn't work is because the Intel TXE device has been properly installed.

The unknown device is a totally different animal, and needs this driver...

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel DynamicPlatform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform andThermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilizationinformation for the system thermal protection to function properly.This package is provided for supported notebook models running asupported operating system.

File name: sp64799.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 12 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.   That did thetrick.  I appreciate your assistance.  All the best in the new year!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Happy New Year to you too!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation