Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)

Update taking too long

Product Name: HP Pavilion 14al062

I just got my laptop set up yesterday and it started to update today on its own. The update has been going on for three hours and has been on 91% complete for about an hour. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (130 Views)

Re: Update taking too long

Hi @jmkelley95

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is doing updates and stuck on the same screen over 3 hours.

I’d love to help!

As you mentioned that you have setup the computer yesterday, I would like to inform you that the windows update does take some time to install for the first time as it will be installing all the updates from the time the operating system was released. Make sure that the computer is connected to power and leave it as it is until the updates are installed.

Don’t worry about the time it is taking to do the updates, usually it does take a couple of hours to complete the installation and it is normal.

Hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation