Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
baldyjim Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update won't download - HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC Product No. K4Q96UA#ABA Serial Number: 5CD51

HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC

Product No. K4Q96UA#ABA

[personal information removed]

HP Support Assistant reports that there is a software update available to download.  Click yellow triangle, get to products, shows a software download available, but does not specify what the download is.

Click on Message / update.  Four segment square icon starts rotating through the segments.  Runs and runs and runs, now more than 2 hours.  Nothing downloads.

This is the third time today I've tried to download the supposed software update.  Same result each time.  Nothing downloads.

Same result each time.

Very frustrating

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update won't download - HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC Product No. K4Q96UA#ABA Serial Number: 5CD51

Hi @baldyjim,

Thanks for reaching out! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that the HP support assistant is listing an update but does not download and install it.  It will be a delight to assist you with this. :)

A commendable job was done by diagnosing the issue correctly before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy like you. Kudos to you for that. You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. :)

At the outset please perform these steps to try and correct the situation.

• Uninstall the existing support assistant app and restart the computer.
  • Then install the latest HP support assistant app and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
  • Please  download it from this link: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.WB5HvS196M9
  • Then check this link on how to get the full potential of HP support assistant: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905
  • Please visit this link to troubleshoot HP support assistant: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631
  • Please select the correct option that best describes the situation that you have with your computer from the above link.
  • As a last resort, you don’t require HP support assistant to download and install the latest updates. You could install the latest drivers and bios updates from this link: http://hp.com/drivers
  • Please visit this link and select the country and enter the product# of the unit.
  • Then follow the on-screen instructions to update all required drivers for your computer. Please take a snap of the device manager window from your smart phone and select the required driver updates from the above link relevant to your computer and install them.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation