Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adolfojbonilla Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating Pavilion dv8000 BIOS

Pavilion dv8000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
How do I update my laptop's BIOS if system is no longer supported by HP?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5595 9642
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You don't. Unless you can find somebody still hosting drivers on a mirror site somewhere. What do you think a BIOS update will do for you?

0 Kudos
adolfojbonilla Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. My dv8000 is shutting off repeatedly when getting hot, which is pretty fast, the temp rises, the fan revs up and it shuts down. I've replaced the thermal paste (used Thermal Fusion 400) a couple times, I've also replaced the fan and heat sink and the issue persists; so was thinking if updating BIOS, it'll give me some control over the fan or just may better the board's settings. I've been running it only on AC since the battery isn't holding a charge, so removed it, the problem persists if battery installed. Don't know what else to try, I've even considered upgrading the processor for a better if available. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5595 9642
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So the heating up and fan revving only happens with the battery installed? I would blame the battery and get a new one. You can likely find a whole used dv8000 on ebay for less than trying to source a replacement motherboard. Processors will be inexpensive, too. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation