Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RegorL Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating a HP ZBook Studio G3 (T7W02EA) to Windows 10

ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thought about starting with upgrade to Windows 10 (have no reason to stay compatible with Windows 7)

Attached Windows 10 Installation Instructions says

1. Backup

2. complete backup

3. Remove external hard drives

4. Insert the Windows 10 operating system media into the available optical drive

This is where I run into a problem as I can not find the optical drive...

But it is a really nice suprice to have one as it is not mentioned on sales page

(in reality neither I nor Windows 7 can find this device)

So I started online update to Windows 10

* Searching for updates takes an uncomfortable time (as if there are several program / driver incompabilities)

* Finally it gives its verdict "HP Client Security Manager" is not compatible, uninstall? (yes)

Will a continued upgrade really work or may I end up half way through needing a WiFi driver only on DVD...?

How did HP verify Windows 10 compability? USB3 DVD?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74082 73972 9008 19391
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating a HP ZBook Studio G3 (T7W02EA) to Windows 10

Hi,

Please use the following site to check:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/windows10/upgrade.html

and if you wish to go ahead, please use the following site:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04730900

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation