Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LuigiFiorillo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade HP Pavilion 15ak002nl SSD

HP Pavilion 15ak002nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 15ak002nl and I would buy a SSD.

I found this: 

SSD 128GB Serie 600p M. 2 Interfaccia PCIe x4 NVMe

made by Intel, is it supported?

Which others types of SSD are supported by my PC?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
38205 38025 5805 10091
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. We know for sure it does not support NVME (PCI-e) M.2, only SATA. Here is the Manual:

Manual

And this is one of the models where we are seeing many reports that customers who bought laptops with no M.2 drive from the factory found that the port is disabled in the BIOS when trying to add an M.2 after the fact. In other words, my best advice for you is to get a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. There is virtually no difference in speed between a 2.5 inch SATA SSD and a SATA M.2 mSSD so you will not lose any potential performance. 

Post back if you need any more help. Hard drive "how-to" is on page 41. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. Then, for example, I can add these two SSD, right?

SanDisk Z400s M.2 2280 SSD Interno da 128GB

Transcend TS128GMTS800 SSD M.2, Sata III, 128 GB

Moreover,  I don't change my hard drive. I would like to add a SSD. Can you explain the problems that I will have when I will add the SSD? Because I don't understand them. And can you explain also how can I solve them?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38205 38025 5805 10091
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The risk is, you try to add an M.2 drive and the system does not recognize that it is installed and it cannot be used. 

If the port is "active" (big if) then the Transcend is the correct type of drive to install. 

The problem with the disabled ports has been the subject of a very active thread here for several months and no one has found a consistent solution to the issue. I am just letting you know. 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation