Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15  with the following product information,

Product Name : HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15 PC

Product Number : C6K58EA

Will it be possible for me to upgrade my Hard Drive with a SSD drive? If so what are the limits of the SSD that I can use? 

Thanks in Advance,

Isuru.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. You can upgrade the hard disk to a mobile (notebook) SSD. The SSD must conform to the following specifications.

sleekboo SSD upgrade requirements.png

Hard Drive Hardware Kit, not illustrated, (includes hard drive bracket and bracket
screws, cable, and 2 bumpers)  HP p/n 701945-001

If your notebook also has a 32 GB mSATA SSD present, it can sill be used as a cache drive via the Intel IRST software. 

The downside is that doing this is that it will violate the warranty as the hard disk is not deemed by HP to be an enduser replaceable part. Upgrading a notebook of this type does  involve some disassembly.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

I found the service manuals for your unit

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc...

If you click on the mSATA Solid state drive.. you'll find out that your unit will not support SSD for storage bit it does as a cache drive of 24 and 32 GB

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes you should be able to upgrade your Sleekbook. An SSD just replaces the existing HDD so if it can take a standard HDD it can take an SSD. You will find an amazing improvement in performance. SSDs get rather expensive for larger capacities. I have used quite a few Samsung SSDs and never had a problem. You will need to clone the existing HDD on to the SSD. It does not need to be the same capacity as the existing drive. I have used Acronis True Image for this but the last drive that I got (A Samsung 840) came with a disk with software to do this  - I haven't tried it out. The drive installed in your Sleekbook will probably have a 300MBs date transfer rate using SATA Revision 2 protocol. When I replaced the disk in my Pavilion 15 notebook I found that although it was fitted with an SATA 2 disk, it was capable of using the SATA Revision 3 protocol which gives a data transfer rate of 600MBs  to my SATA 3 capable SSD.

HP Recommended

@enn-dee Please confirm, have you tried installing an SSD in a Sleekbook?

HP Recommended

I have not tried an SSD in a Sleekbook but if the sleekbook drive is a standard 2.5 inch SATA drive (you should be able to remove a cover to physically check this) then a 2.5 inch SSD will fit and will look to the operating system like any other hard disk.

HP Recommended
I confirm that if the SSD has the same SATA connector it can replace an hard drive.I have replaced HDD with SSD in two laptops that don't support mSATA, but only SATA.
However it isn't considered a user replaceable part according to the manual, so you should have it replaced by a HP help center.
HP Recommended

Yes. You can upgrade the hard disk to a mobile (notebook) SSD. The SSD must conform to the following specifications.

sleekboo SSD upgrade requirements.png

Hard Drive Hardware Kit, not illustrated, (includes hard drive bracket and bracket
screws, cable, and 2 bumpers)  HP p/n 701945-001

If your notebook also has a 32 GB mSATA SSD present, it can sill be used as a cache drive via the Intel IRST software. 

The downside is that doing this is that it will violate the warranty as the hard disk is not deemed by HP to be an enduser replaceable part. Upgrading a notebook of this type does  involve some disassembly.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.