Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HLopes Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade HP Pavilion X360 4GB RAM

HP Pavilion X360 4GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I would like to know if I can upgrade of my HP Pavilion X360 4GB RAM with Intel Celeron 2,16GHz, to 8GB RAM and a processor with more power to run games ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37081 5596 9646
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please provide model number, but generally not. The processor is soldered to the board and on some models even the memory is soldered on. 

0 Kudos
HLopes Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The model is 11-n098np. Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37081 5596 9646
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's the manual:

Manual

Processor is soldered on the motherboard. All available motherboards would be pretty much equally incapable of any kind of gaming. All are low-powered Pentium or Celeron processors with Intel HD video chips. There is one memory slot and it can take up to 8 gigs in a single DDR3L-1600 module. See p. 46 of the Manual linked above. 

if this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation