Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pravgupt Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade Processor and RAM of HP Pavilion dv6t-2100 CTO

HP Pavilion dv6t-2100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here is current configuration of my laptop ordered from US to India.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7 Processors

I am not able to run virtual machines for my advanced computing studies for example VMs from cloudera for hadoop samples.

I want to upgrade my laptop to good current configuration. Possibly as follows

RAM at least 8GB

Processor : latest i7 or one level below to save cost

Please suggest what is compatible and how much it may cost.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
71815 8674 18674
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade Processor and RAM of HP Pavilion dv6t-2100 CTO

Hi,

This is and old laptop. From its Maintenance and Service Guide you only have 2 options (for CPU) and 8GB of RAM max. Please consider buying a new machine could be much eding up a lot better machine with a little bit more money. You can find its Maintenance and Service Guide on the following link (first item):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4041735/model/4...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation