Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade Wifi card in DV7t Quad edition

HP Recommended
DV7t-6c00 Quad edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a DV7t Quad edition laptop and the WIFI card has recently been acting up and finally failed. I purchased a "for HP' Intel 7260HMW card and installed it, at to my chagrin, my laptop refused to boot. Why on earth is there a whitelist for wifi cards. Especially in a laptop this old. There have been several Bios upgrades but it would appear none allow the PC owner to improve their machine to achieve some added longevity and updated technology. Is there a version of BIOS I can install on this computer that does not contain this asinine whitelist?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,563 7,996
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

April.

Your manual here.

Page 29 you will find the model numbers and part numbers of WiFI cards for your laptop.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03099448

Because of FCC regulations for LOW-POWER, NON-LICENSED TRANSMITTERS those are the only ones that can be used.

https://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Documents/bulletins/oet63/oet63rev.pdf

There is no official BIOS to unlock the Whitelist.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation