Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pawj112 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade from XP to 7. Now no sound .

I have a Pavillion DV5000 and just recently upgraded to 7.  Ever since the upgrade I have no sound.  It states no audio imput device installed.  I went through the windows troubleshooting.  It tried to reinstall the driver and got the message high definition audio device has a driver problem. (Not fixed).  I spent 2 hours with Microsoft and after troubleshooting they said I need to call HP or the sound card manufacturer.  So I called HP and they want money since my computer is out of warrenty.  I called the sound card manufacturer and they said to call HP.  By the way my sound worked fine with XP.   Any help is appreciated. 
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
ghettlibby Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade from XP to 7. Now no sound .

I just upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 and I am having the exact same problems as you. Did you ever resolve your audio problems and if you did can you help me?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation