Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ThaiThuan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade, replace CPU

HP Envy M6 x360 w014dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I'm having a HP Envy m6 x360 w014dx convertible notebook, i see that my CPU is a 2.4GHz 5th generation Intel Core i7-5500U Dual Core, i wonder if i can replace it with a more powerful one so i can play more games on this laptop. The Graphic processor is great, 930M Nvidia, but the processor need more power.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70652 8498 18268
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade, replace CPU

Hi,

Unfortunately no, you need a new motherboard with CPU soldered to it. In this case, part number can be 808410-xxx and this is a very, very, very, very expensive upgrade.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
ThaiThuan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade, replace CPU

Hi there,

So is the GPU right? irreplaceable yes ??

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation