cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MagerHP
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade to Windows 10 on dv7?

HP Recommended
dv7-6c90ed
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Microsoft keeps bugging me to upgrade to Windows 10.

Now I've looked through HP support for the available drivers for Windows 10 for my model and found none. As far as I know Windows 8 drivers should also work and they are available for my model. I've had to much issues with driver incompatabilities in the past, so I'm a bit cautious.

Could I and should I upgrade to Windows 10 or is it better not to? And why?

1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 13,056 716 1,915
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MagerHP,

Thank you for your query.

You are correct HP has not  provided drivers for Windows 10 and your computer. This tells us that HP has not tested Windows 10 on your specific model  and therefore the outcome is unknown.  Here is a link to:

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10.

Should you decide to upgrade to Windows 10, I suggest you back up your data first and if you have not yet created your recovery media to also do that:

HP PCs - Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

Here are links to assist you and answer question on the upgrade:

Upgrading to Windows 10?

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

Should your have issues with drivers working properly, you could try installing them in compatibility mode:

Compatibility Mode ( from windows10forums.com).

Ultimately the decision is yours to make as it has not been tested.

Please let me know the outcome.

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the"Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!     :robotvery-happy:

Sparkles1

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation