Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bobson007 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

HDX181010EA

At the moment there is a promotion up to 29 July to upgrade to win10 from win7 home premium 64bit ok
So I downloaded the Microsoft upgrade assistant to win 10 and all ok. But it get stuck at 99% and stop there ok
Then the worst is it is a hell of a job to get win7 back cause it comes up with a black screen ok
Contacted Microsoft and told me to contact you to help me solve this issue
Already contacted you through twitter few days ago but no reply
Thanks if you try to solve this problem before expires tnx

mind you get stuck 99% during installing ok

contacted Microsoft and told me to get in touch with you maybe you already came through such a problem

please thanks for trying to solve before promotion expires

regards

John Mifsud

product serial # [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

Hi @Bobson007,

You may try to upgrade through the below link.

Windows 10 Upgrade:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope that answers your question. :)

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Bobson007 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

That is where I tried for about 4 times still the same problem

regards

0 Kudos
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

Hi @Bobson007,

May I know which flavor of Win7 is installed on your unit.

Make sure you are running the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Bobson007 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

Win7 home premium 64 bit

0 Kudos
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade to win10

Hi @Bobson007,

To check if Windows 7 SP1 is already installed, follow the below steps:

http://elmajdal.net/Win7/How_To_Check_If_Service_Pack_One_For_Windows_7_Is_Installed_Or_Not.aspx

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation