cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading CPU/GPU on HP Pavilion 15 M1Y13UA Notebook

HP Recommended
15-ab054ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, 

Wanted to upgrade the CPU (and/or) GPU of my HP Pavilion 15 laptop and wanted to know if the components are hard-soldered in (making it incredibly difficult) and if they are, where/what motherboard I can find to upgrade/replace what I have currently. (Not sure what model my current motherboard is)

CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U @2.2GHz

GPU: Intel HD 5500

RAM: 16GB

Am hoping to upgrade to a 6th gen with NVidia or really anything better than what I have right now.

Open to suggestions and though price is an issue I'd rather hear the possibilities and make a decision based off that. Buying a new notebook is something I really don't want to do.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 537
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @JosephQuan:

Welcome to HP Forum !. :generic:

Your notebook, is ... http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/7771366/model/8542662/manuals

Product Number: M1Y13UA
Description: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab054ca

Have ... Motherboard, System Board or PC-Board ...

• Part No: 809041-501
  • Description: MOTHERBOARD UMA i5-5200U STD
  • Rohs: COMPLY_2.08

UMA Technology is ... Short for Unified Memory Architecture. A computer that has graphics chips built into the motherboard that use part of the computer's main memory for video memory is said to have Unified Memory Architecture.

IMG_20161229_012142.jpg

Have integrated (soldered) int Motherboard ... 5th generation Intel Core i5-5200U (2.2GHz, SC turbo up to 2.7GHz), 1600MHz/3MB L3, Dual 15W and too ...

Video Graphics
Intel HD graphics 5500

You cann't change, this processor and Video Graphics.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation