Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Upgrading CPU in a dv6105us

HP Recommended

'Afternoon folks,

I am trying to upgrade the CPU in my noteboook from a single-core Turion 64 2Ghz to a dual-core Turion 64 2Ghz. Same TDP, same socket. However, I go to turn it back on and it won't even POST or start up at all. Any ideas? I am guessing it is a BIOS compatibility issue but I don't know if a BIOS update is available for it. Any tips?

Thanks!

Message Edited by atvkid1090 on 08-19-2009 04:27 PM
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I do not see a BIOS update for this model. The chipset may not support a dual core processor.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but this seems to disagree -> http://www.nvidia.com/page/nb_6100_tech_specs.html

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You're welcome. I do not know for sure but that is what the problem sounds like.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I guess the next logical question would be this -> Could the existing BIOS be modified in such a way to support dual cores if a revision does not already exist? Is there someone out there who could do that?
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation