cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrading HP Mini 210-2100 CTO PC processor to dual core Atom N550

HP Recommended

Is it possible to upgrade a HP Mini 210-2100 CTO PC netbook processor to the dual core processor (Intel Atom N550 dual-core, 1.5-GHz) that was an option when I first bought the netbook. The single core Atom N450 that I bought the netbook with is marginal at best. I am running WIndow 7 Home Premium, and have the max 2GByte memoy.

If it can be upgraded, does anyone know where it can be done? The HP Web Site has no information on upgrading the processor.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,898 113,079 18,192 27,766
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Supported processors can be found in chapter 1, page 1.

Removal and replacement procedures can be found in chapter 4.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02619136.pdf

You would have to contact HP and ask how much they would charge to upgrade the processor.

If they even agreed to do it, I bet it would cost more than if you bought a new Mini 210-2100 with the dual core processor in it already.

Get a used but tested and working processor on eBay and either do it yourself (if you feel up to the challenge), or take it to a reputable PC repair place and have them do it.

You can give them the link to the service manual, if they don't already have the info on the notebook.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was very helpfull

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation