Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r078tu
Linux

Hello people!

I have an HP 15-r078tu laptop. Details below:

CPU: Quad core: -Processors-
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz : 499.74MHz
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz : 499.74MHz
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz : 512.18MHz
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz : 565.14MHz

RAM: 4GB DDR3L

BOARD: Hewlett-Packard 2213

I have Linux/Windows 10 dual boot. The laptop is working top notch except that I experience occasional slowness. I am wondering how can I upgrade my laptop. I can think of upgrading the RAM to 8 GB. But that's about it. I tried to look for ways to overclock for this model but no luck so far. Also, I do not know what other processor my motherboard can support. If anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Product Specs show this.

2.16 GHz, up to 2.58 GHz Intel Pentium N3530 with Intel HD Graphics

Other compatible processors shown in the Service Manual. Page 1

Intel Bay Trail M processors:

Intel Pentium N3540 processor (2.16-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Pentium N3530 processor (2.58-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Pentium N3520 processor (2.17-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Celeron N2920 processor (1.86-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 1066-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Celeron N2840 processor (2.16-GHz, 1-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Celeron N2830 processor (2.42-GHz, 1-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Celeron N2815 processor (1.86-GHz, 1-MB L2 cache, 1066-MHz DDR3L)

Intel Celeron N2805 processor (1.46-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 1066-MHz DDR3L)

Memory Information on Page 2 of Service Manual

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Based on the list, I did a quick comparison of N3540 and N3530: http://ark.intel.com/compare/82105,81074

It seems N3540 is the best this board can support 😞

Would you perhaps know if overclocking is an option?

HP Recommended

WHOA WHOA WHOA slow down. Look at p. 17. The processor is soldered to the board. I think that is true of all the N series machines, but regardless it is true of yours so there is not gonna be a processor upgrade without a motherboard swap which is financially a bad idea.. It also has a single memory slot, 8 gig max.

No do not even think about overclocking a low-end laptop. For one, there is no good way to do it and for two, you will fry that little guy who is pumping to the best of his limited power already. 

HP Recommended

Mr. Huffer has a knack for pointing out my mistakes!  :indifferent:

He is correct, the N3530 uses the FCBGA1170 [Ball Grid Array] socket which is soldered to the motherboard. 

Looks like your upgrade will be increasing your RAM to 8G.

Sorry for the misinformation. :Crying:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.