Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JediGuest Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrading my hp laptop

hp 15-f010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was planning on upgrading the RAM memory on my hp and found out it is possible and one of my friends asked me if i could upgrade the cpu on the computer. My question is can the processer sautered in or can I remove it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36997 5578 9620
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrading my hp laptop

Here's the Service manual:

Manual

Takeaways:

1. Celeron N2830 CPU (not good)

2. Single memory slot maximum 8 gigs DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM (not too bad)

3. Processor soldered (permanently attached) to motherboard...no upgrade possible (bad)

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrading my hp laptop

Hello JediGuest,

Welcome to Forum,

You unit can only support maximum of 8GB !! 

Memory Slots
1 user accessible

Specs http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04395386

See here : http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-15-f010wm

You cannot upgrade the Processor too !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation