Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook, HP 15-ay039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a total reset/clean, on my laptop a few months back. Ever since I did, I can no longer connect my phone to my laptop. It only charges, the option does even pop up on my phone anymore for media trasnfer... This is soo annoying, I've tried **bleep** near everything friends and other forums have suggested to me. Please Help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Niaimani21

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ay039wm laptop and ever since you have reinstalled Windows on it, you can no longer connect my phone to the laptop. The phone only charges and there is no option to perform a media transfer. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps to troubleshoot the issue.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Are you using an Android smartphone or a Windows smartphone?
  • Is the operating system on the smartphone updated?
  • Have you tried to connect the phone to another computer or do you have another phone to check with on this laptop?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Connect your smartphone to your laptop.
  • Then swipe the phone screen in the top to the bottom direction and check if it displays an option for media transfer. 

I hope this does the trick. Please feel free to reply. Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.