cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nn2220 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

User Profile Not Loading - Pavilion dv2700 with Vista

Hi,

I have windows vista and for the last 2 days, my HP will NOT log me on. After start up the logon page is displayed (with the ONLY log on option being my user profile). There is no option to change users.

When I correctly enter my password, a message appears stating:

The User Profile Service service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded.

The computer then logs itself off and the entire process resumes once again.

Please help! All my data is on the C drive. But I am completely unable to access anything, since this problem is equivalent to my laptop not even turning on.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,326 2,315 176 721
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this Microsoft Fixit Solution and see if it resolves the issue... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try the microsoft fix it or perform a system restore.

Hold down f11 as the computer starts, choose microsoft system restore. Choose the date where everything works ok. Check from there.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation