Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rafa_sp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using case from similar model

HP Dv7 4073ca

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english.

I´ve a HP Dv7 4073ca with broken case (i dont know if its the right term in english. its the plastic external body of the notebook). I´ve tried to open the notebook, and when pressed to eject the keyboard, from a button close to the battery, the notebook just crack close to the air vents.

An info tech told me its a problem in something close to the hinge, and because of the material (thin plastic) its difficult to fix. So the best bet would be change all the case.

But its complicated to find a used one of this exactly model. I find one of the model 4073nr. I would like to know if this case would fit all the hardware of the 4073ca.

Visually, they look the same. The specs say the 4073nr have a better processor, and less HD space.

So, what do you think? The case of 4073nr would replace the case of 4073ca perfectly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74429 74319 9058 19529
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

All DV7 4073 laptops use same case (ca or nr is for country/area code) therefore it is ok to use the case.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
rafa_sp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found this information:

http://www.notebookparts.com/hp-pavilion-dv7-series-sps-base-enclosure-3elx9batp00-605345-001/

Its says basically that all (or almost every) cases of Dv7 4XXX (series 4000) are equal.

Would you confirm that?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation