Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
VFS file conversion; unable to open
Replies (42)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 21 of 43 (2,504 Views)

Re: VFS extension

Thank you for saving me additional time and frustration!  I've spent way too much time trying to open this one very important file.  Lost over an hour I didn't have to spare.  Thought it worthwhile to spend an additional few minutes to register & say thanks.  Glad there are so many people smarter than I am:robotfrustrated: out there!

Student
Message 22 of 43 (2,476 Views)

Re: VFS file conversion; unable to open

I have a Panasonic Lumix camera which saves movies in a VFS file.  How can I open those files?

Tutor
Message 23 of 43 (2,470 Views)

Suggest you read some of the foregoing msgs. This being an HP forum, I can't say with 100% certainty that your Panasonic product works the same way, but with HP the VFS file is NOT where the pics or movies are. Pics end up in a DCIM folder. Look for other files or another folder for your movies; pretty sure the VFS file isn't what you want.
Student
Message 24 of 43 (2,344 Views)

It saddens me to watch HP continue it's downward spiral.  No wonder it's most ardent supporters - the A/E community (including my firm) - have deserted the sinking ship.  Your arrogance has cost you your reputation.

HOW DO I RE-CONVERT VFS FORMATTED FILES BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL FORMAT?

Student
Message 25 of 43 (2,201 Views)

Can't open vfs files

do you know how to?

Retired
Message 26 of 43 (2,179 Views)

Hello. I understand you would like to open VPS files. I will do my best to assist you! I located this website, which contains information on how to do this. Note that the solution offered is one that HP doesn't support or condone.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Message 27 of 43 (2,157 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised the pics disappear, I beleieve there should be two files, one under HP Scans Folder automatically created and the VFS file perhaps used by HP to convert or load virtually scanning for potential dangers. Not completely sure.

Honor Student
Message 28 of 43 (2,154 Views)

VFS, not VPS, though similar, not quite the same. VFS is Virtual File System. VPS is Virtual Private Server.

Student
Message 29 of 43 (2,103 Views)

I used my usb flash drive to my hp printer photosmart 7520 e-all-in-one series and made scan several documents and saved it under PDF files and when I try to retrieve it, it cannot open because it was under VFS files? why is that? I need immediate answer now!!!

Retired
Message 30 of 43 (2,077 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I have included a couple of options for you try. First I have included the document 'A .vfs File Has Been Added to the Memory Card'. If this does not work for you, look for a DCIM folder, and try opening the scanned image from there.

Do either of these options work for you?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation