cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hushun
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

VT-x in HP Zbook 17 workstation blocked

HP Recommended

I need to enable the Virtualization Technology in my just bought Zbook 17 workstation in order to run the VMware in full capability but it was blocked. Any dea to fix it?

Hushun 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Toffy
Level 8
1,333 1,315 97 282
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hushun

Start the System push F10 for BIOS settings

Advanced/Device Configurations

Enable VT

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

MarcBor
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can see the option to enable VT-x, but it's not selectable.

How can I enable it?

(HP ZBook 17)

0 Kudos
Marcusm_intact
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am having the same issue. The option is greyed out in the bios menu. Does not allow you to enable it. 

I am going to see if there is a bios update to correct this issue.  I will update if I find something.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
asadeghi
Just joined
1 1 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I found the solution to this. This is more of a HP bug, and they should really look into this.

Here is what happened to me:

When I got this laptop, at the begining, it asked me to create a user login and password. after that I had been using that from everything. When I went to the BIOS setting, it asked me to either login with guest user or same user as I do for the windows login. I used same user login as windows assuming that it's the super (Admin) user, however it's not the case!

You need to create password for admin user, and through admin, you can enable VT-X option. This is where HP bug comes into picure because to enable administrator account, at the beging of the BIOS login, YOU SHOULD select to login as guest user!!!!! yes guest user!!!! once you login, you should go to security section and set the Administrator's password. Apparently this is the procedure for enabling the Administrator account on these BIOSs. I don't think anyone would expect such procedure for enabling the Administrator on a machine (guest can only do it!!!)

For there, you are can change the setting and enable the VT-X option.

I hope it resolves everyone's problem

Best of Luck to you all

Not applicable
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

you are so true. It's very uncommon that a guest can administer login settings. So I never used guest and was confused that I cannot login to the BIOS.

But now I have changed security settings after logging in as guest and everything is working.

Regards

Sven

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation