Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DrAKhan Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video and Graphics Quality Problem

8470p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have hp EliteBook 8470p i5-3320m , 8GB ram , Intel HD 4000 graphic card. Problem is MP4 video 1080p and some are not working properly .

1, How can i check i have discrete graphics card of AMD Radeon 7570M or not ? as it is not shown in bios and windows device manager ?

2,It is possible to upgarde discrete graphic card ?

3, Is there any option to chage share memory of intel graphic card 4000?

4,If i upgrade 8GB ram to 16GB ram it will be improve  graphics quality or not ?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two types of motherboard for that model. One has only UMA or integrated video and one has switchable discrete video. If your BIOS and device manager is not showing an AMD Radeon video card then you have just the Intel HD4000 series integrated video. 

The HD4000 should have no problem with full HD full screen MP4 playback assuming you have the right drivers and video codecs installed. You say that some full HD videos play OK and others not? What video player are you using? Is there any common feature to the ones that play OK and those that do not?

To answer, no you cannot change video memory allocation. That is done automatically and there is no adjustment. Plenty of video memory is available so that is not the problem. No there is no way to upgrade the video chip without also changing out the motherboard, which would be very costly. 16 gigs of RAM would not alter the video performance. 

DrAKhan Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to confirm which type of mother board i have ?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Open the memory door on the bottom (service door) and under the memory chips the motherboard part number should be lithoed to the motherboard. We can take that part number and check the features of that motherboard. I am about 99% certain you have the Intel video only model. 

0 Kudos
DrAKhan Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are four number on motherboard

F22CMCDSH3

REV:2.30

CT   PCWHK001X3THNC

38EAA789432A

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation