Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP G62-a50SQ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi HP team,

i have an old HP G62-a50SQ using F.0B BIOS version- in order to enable the NX instructions(absolutely needed for upgrade to Windows 10) i need to upgrade the BIOS- the latest available on your site is F.48(https://support.hp.com/bg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-g62-a00-notebook-pc-series/4156509/model/4232705). The thing is that whenever i try to upgrade the BIOS to newer than F.0B, after the restart the monitor of the laptop is black, the OS loads and only external monitor, connected on the VGA port works, though with degraded capabilities- resolution, available video hardware. In order to get back to working laptop i have to degrade the BIOS back to F.0B, but this disbles the NX instruction on the P6000 cpu. Can you please check those BIOS upgrades- what could possibly go wrong. The upgrade procedure itself is absolutely successful.

The serial number of the laptop is [Edited]]]]]

Thanks!

Best regards,

Atanas

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP has provided no information about this in the BIOS release sheets for the last 2 BIOS updates. And you are not going to get a response here from HP engineers. This is a User to User Forum with occasional presence by HP Call-center type helpers. I do note the P6000 is supposed to have the NX bit capability. When you try to update the BIOS do you have additional settings available like the ability to turn NX on and off? 

HP Recommended

Auch- didn't know that this is user-to-user only. The upgrade of the bios does enable NX automaticaly(no bios setting's involved in that) but it breaks the video.

HP Recommended

That makes no sense. There are thousands of those units running on the latest BIOS. They got pushed through to lots of people with automatic updates from HP. 

HP Recommended

Yeap, i though the same too but it's a fact- the device is working properly with the F.0B so it's not broken like hardware broken and yet the upgrade of the bios degrades it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.