cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jclark_09
Level 2
24 15 1 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

VideoCam HP Envy 4 Windows7 Laptop

I have not used my webcam for a while, but recently updated Skype. When I went to use the web cam it was not detected. When I try Cyberlink Ucam it says no webcam detected. I checked the driver in Device Manager and it is ok. I used HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the Cyberlink software but it is still undetected. Is there some keyboard switch for the camera or something simple that I am missing??

Best Regards

J.clark

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @jclark_09 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you have not used your webcam for awhile.  You updated your Skype but now the Webcam is not detected.  You opened Cyberlink YouCam and it also did not detect the Webcam. You then reinstalled  the Cyberlink software but there was no change.

To assist you I will need some more information.

What exact model of HP notebook do you have?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What Operating System are you running?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant to help with HP updates and drivers?

Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooter?

If you open Device Manager is there any errors on the Webcam?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
jclark_09
Level 2
24 15 1 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sparkles here is the data:

HP Envy 4-1050ca Rev.1 894-100
#00359-OEM-8992687-0010
[edited Serial Number by Moderator]

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Installed HP Support Assistant,  checked for updates, installed all updates.

Windows Troubleshooter no problems found.

Device Manager: HP Truevision working/Cyberlink WebCam driver working

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Retired george-p
Retired
15,312 9,281 121 368
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @jclark_09 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
jclark_09
Level 2
24 15 1 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Tnx George.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi jclark_09,

Thank you for the information.

Here  are two links that I believe will help with resolving your Webcam issue.

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Automatically diagnose and fix Skype audio and webcam issues

If this has not been resolved, try booting into safe mode.  HIde the microsoft service and then disable all.

Now select 50% of the services and try your Webcam.  If it works go back and disable all again, but now select the other 50% and test Webcam. Continue it this manner until you locate the conflict or determine there is no conflicts.

This will allow you to see if there is a software conflict causing this issue.  Using Microsoft System Configuration (Windows 7).

If there is no discernible conflict, I would try a restore back to when it was working, Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7)

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
jclark_09
Level 2
24 15 1 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Sparkles1:

I checked the Device Manager:

There is no Imaging Device Shown!!

Under Sound, Video, Game Controllers there is a Cyberlink Virtual WebCam driver which is ok

Under Universal Serial Bus Devices there is a HP TrueVision HD driver which is ok

So looks like I am missing the Imaging Device Driver

I tried a hard reset, no luck. I tried re-installing Cyberlink SW, no luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi jclark_09,

Thank you for that information.

You should not see the HP Truevision HD under the USB. That is what should be listed under the Imaging device.

This may be what occurred.  When you updated Skype it tried to update the driver and found the Desktop version which would be USB.

Go to Device Manger and delete( not uninstall) the HP Truevision HD driver under USB.

Now I would reinstall the original driver using the recovery manager.

Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

jclark_09
Level 2
24 15 1 1
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sparkles!

That worked!!! You are my hero!!! I have to go on a field trip and I really need that feature!! Thanks - Merci - Obrigado!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation