Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
InsultinhBoy Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vista 32-bit sp1 error code 0x800B0100

Hello HP community. I'm trying to install service pack 1 on my 32-bit vista home premium. It is available through windows update which I successfully install in literally a minute. But for some reason, sp1 reappears in my windows update after twenty minutes. Anyways, I have been to the link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb738089 to download sp1 as a standalone. It goes without a problem for about twenty minutes, then it gives me error code 0x800B0100 , an internal error occurred while installing the service pack. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 .If you write this on internet explorer 8 google page and click I'M FEELING LUCKY it will take you to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366. I have tried the Resolutions 1 and 2, but in vain, 3 and 4 are out of my comprehension.

Someone suggested the link http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/ which is windows update autofix, and clicked RUN NOW. After the troubleshooting is done, in the 'fix status' section, there are three 'issues found' that are marked as 'not fixed' with a red X.

1    Windows Update error 0x80070057(2013-12-17-T-11_20_45A)

2    Problems installing recent updates

3    Cryptographic service components are not registered

I don't know what else to do. I'm a complete computer noob. Advice anyone? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vista 32-bit sp1 error code 0x800B0100

Hi InsultinhBoy,

I saw your post regarding the error installing the Service Pack and I will be happy to help. I was looking at the link you provided to the Microsoft page with the 4 resolutions. What areas are you having problems with?

Resolution 3:

1. Close all applications, and then restart your computer.

2. After your computer has restarted, disable any antivirus or any antispyware applications that may load during the startup process. You can usually disable the application from the notification area. This area is located in the lower-right corner of the computer screen. To disable an application from the notification area, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the icon of the third-party program.

2. Click Close, Disable, Exit, or a similar term from the list of options. If these options are not available, you may have to open the application and then close or disable it in the application.

3. As soon as you close the antivirus or the antispyware application, try to click here to install the full download package for the service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site.

4. After you have completed the service pack installation, enable the antivirus or the antispyware application that you disabled in the previous steps.

Resolution 4:

1. Close all applications, and then restart your computer.

2. After your computer has restarted, click Start

3. In the Start Search box, type programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Click the name of the security program that you want to uninstall.

6. Click Uninstall.

7. After you uninstall the program, restart the computer.

8. Try to click here to install the full download package of the service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site.
    Note You have uninstalled your security software, and your computer is more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We recommend that you do not surf the Web, use e-mail, or use Instant Messenger, until you have finished troubleshooting the issue, and you have reinstalled your security software.

9. After you have completed the Windows Vista SP1 installation, reinstall the security program that you uninstalled in the previous steps.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation