Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Volume Fluctuating on HP 17 Pavilion with Beats Audio

HP Recommended

So I purchased this laptop new yesterday at BestBuy as my last laptop died (it was a HP G62).

I actually liked my old laptop and to be honest I'm not impressed with this one so far, it seems sluggish to me even compared to my old G62.

Anyways, I noticed that there is alot of discussion on this forum with issues regarding Beats Audio and volume fluctuation, but I didn't see anything on my model and I don't see support drivers to address this issue, hopefully this post will address it.

So to re-iterate, I'm having the volume fluctuation issue with my brand new laptop with Beats Audio. 

My product # is:

G6R39UA#ABL

Please supply a fix for this. One that ACTUALLY works.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,909
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SpanishBirdie,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that you have just purchased this notebook 4 days ago.  You are unhappy with the performance and the volume fluctuates.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant to aid with HP updates.

Have you tried the Windows troubleshooter?  Using Automated Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

Here is a link to Beats Audio Console (Windows 😎 that may assist you with the volume issue.

Another document that may interest you is Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 😎

With the notebook being  so very new, you are in warranty and can contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your notebook to aid with locating and resolving issues.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

I hope this is helpful.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried all of the above, still have the same issue.  Not fixed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,909
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SpanishBirdie,

Thank you for your reply.  I regret that my suggestions did not help.

Would you try this.

Go to Control Panel and open Sound

Click on Speakers and headphones

Click properties

Click the advanced tab

Now would you lower the bit quality  to CD and click apply

Now close and try your playback,  If it is okay, you can repeat the process and try a higher bit rate until the issue returns and then leave it on the one below.

If this has not resolved the issue please contact HP support for further assistance. The information was provide in my first response.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Nope you're last recommendation did not work. 

In all honesty, I'm not waiting on the phone for what will probably be hours for tech support to get me to try a bunch of ideas and then tell me there is nothing more we can do.  Most likely I'll be told to send my laptop in for repair, which I'm not going to bother to do.

I'll either return my laptop for a full refund, even though I spent hours transferring files, or I'll just live with the situation.

This is clearly a HP and Beats Audio issue that has alot of customers frustrated, and it's no doubt a simple driver update would probably fix the problem.  I'm sure you're a very nice person, and you probably would like to see my issue resolved, but its clear from this forum that multiple people have this issue in other HP computers and HP hasn't done ENOUGH to resolve the problem, most likely because they're too busy trying to push out another product instead of fixing the ones they have.

I know one thing is for sure, I will never buy another HP product again or Beats Audio product for that matter.   Which is sad because my last laptop was actually pretty good, had the hard drive not failed.

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,909
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SpanishBirdie,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi eguess thanks for taking the time to respond to my issue, but when I check the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTARE there is no IDT folder.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For anyone who is having the same issue, I believe I have stumbled upon the solution through another post on this forum.

It has to do with the Realtek HD Audio Driver.  I read this post on the forum:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-Pavilion-15-P030TX-Volume-Audio-Swing-Le...

and installed Realtek HD Audio Driver version 6.0.1.7135 Rev. B by following the link posted by CMSung.

Here is the direct link to the driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-132040-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

I intially thought that I updated the driver to Rev B, but I might have actually rolled back this driver, as the date on this driver is 1/7/14 where the intial driver I had installed was dated sometime in March 2014.

Either way it has seemed to correct the issue.   I got to say though I'm still not a fan of Beats Audio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SpanishBirdie

Wow! It is just that simple. Thank you for finishing te post with your solution.
Works for me.

@Sparkles1

I think it would be a good idea to tell all the support folks at HP about this. As it is obviously a pretty common problem and the solutions is very simple. (Searching around the web, also on your forums, I dodged links to Trojan horses and registry changes where the supports and FAQ's kept quiet at HP.com.)

All you'd have to say was "click this"

Sincere,
a now happy HP user

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation