Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem here. Bought this dv6 7080ee because of the promise of great audio but this volume swinging effect really makes a mess of any fast moving music, e.g. Infected Mushroom -

I've minimised the horrible effect by disabling beats audio, but this then needs you to manually reset the tone controls for the playback device under Speaker and Headphones "properties" otherwise you get the thin sound. Also set the Bass and Treble to zero in the beats control panel, left the rest at default.

Music with less bass seems to be less affected by this beats problem.

Real shame that I''m effectively stuck with this defective device.

Would Dr Dre of "beats" really put his name to such a poor show ?

HP Recommended

dsgdm dt

HP Recommended

Same problem here! 😞

how can we definitely solve this issue?

...and still no driver update

HP Recommended

I bought a dv6-7014nr yesterday.

I tried to solve it in many ways, but nothing change.

Still we have:

- volume ajust in Winamp and other players dont work properly

- volume swings within my music (increase and decrease volume)

- lost of quality (songs get distorted)

We need a solution from HP. Isn't there any driver update to be released? Please help us.

HP Recommended

I too have the same problem. I have the DV6t-7000 Ivy Bridge CPU with Beats Audio and also have the volume fluctuation problem. The volume will lower one notch and back to normal while playing a video or mp3. I use iTunes for mp3 and Cyberlink DVD for vidoes and both are affected. Please someone from HP Tech Support repond because i am fed up with this. Music is my main usage for this laptop and i am considering returning the laptop. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

ENVY 15-3090LA, and along with a extremely bad performing 7690M, I have the same issues with the sound.

Also, I found that you can't left a "flat" EQ by disabling the beats audio effects, as the bass completely vanishes.

I own an external Creative X-FI HD and the diference with a flat EQ is impressive, the NB as it is now sounds awful and the audio effects are "amateurish" to say the least.

My question is how to remove the Beats Audio alltogether from the PC and leave a "flat" EQ.

ps: I wouldn't recomend this NB to anyone.

HP Recommended

I sent my dv6-7014nr back to the store. May I find another HP with the same features without audioBeats? If not, this was the last time I bought an HP.

HP Recommended

I'm having this issue, too.  I've tried fiddling with all the different control panel settings, both in Windows and on the Beats panel.  Nothing seems to work.

It seems to be doing automatic volume leveling.  During quiet passages, or during content with low midrange content, the volume drifts upwards.  It makes listening to Pandora on my desktop a rather distracting experience, because my ears are constantly picking up the spikes and dips in volume.

I just replaced my 4-year-old Dell laptop, and Pandora sounded better through that than it does through "Beats Audio".  I mean, I like all the possble EQ options.  But dammit, let me turn off the automatic volume leveling!

EDIT: Hey HP, if you really want to test this out... try playing Moby "Porcelain" (from the "Play" album) on a Beats-enabled laptop (I have a dv7) with desktop speakers plugged into the headphone jack.  Listen to the system struggle to figure out what the volume should be during the opening and closing of the song, and all throughout.  This is what we're complaining about.

HP Recommended

Just bought a brand spankin new dv6 notebook and I'm also having this problem.  Wild fluctuations in volume - no remedy has worked.  I literally recieved this thing *today* and I'm quite disappointed in this aspect of the performance.  

I thought that it was the setting that reduces volume when the computer thinks someone is trying to place a call to it - so I disabled that.  No dice.

I thought it was the Beats Audio - so I disabled that.  No luck there either.

I thought it was the fact that I was trying to play a game (with the sound off) and playing music too - so I tried just playing the music.  Still doing the same garbage.

HP - *Please* drop us an update or something!  Looking back through this forum thread, it's clear this has been going on for a while.   

HP Recommended

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the second brand new dv7 with the same AUDIO ISSUE    VOLUME SWINGS I TRIED ALL SETTINGS      I am really getting aggrivated with HP   How  could they not know this is an issue and how could they put this machine out with these king of quality issues. If they dont straighten this out im returning it again and im done. Also how come i see this question and no replies from hp yet

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.