Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Try MPC Star player for video and

Comet player for audio,

this solved the same issue for you,

hope it helps,

peace

HP Recommended

Thanx but i dont want to download any software i want a real fix from hp

HP Recommended

I want a real fix from hp [2]

HP Recommended

@balachandar999 wrote:

Try MPC Star player for video and

Comet player for audio,

this solved the same issue for you,

hope it helps,

peace

That doesn't really work for anyone wanting to play Pandora, or any other audio application.  I've bought a $10 USB to audio dongle as a workaround, I'll see how that works for my desktop speakers.  Maybe the Beats thing is less annoying when you've got actual headphones on, I dunno.  (And maybe it's not a Beats thing at all, maybe it's just a volume-leveling "features" in the main audio driver... regardless, we have NO visible option to turn it OFF.)

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on an Envy 3200 (Ivy Bridge). This laptop sounds worse than my 2 year old dv6t which doesn't have Beats Audio.

HP Recommended

Workaround!!!!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin...

Someone at NBR found a way to disable all IDT enhacements which disables the "volume swings". Sadly, this also disables the Beats/IDT equalizer and other effects. However, you can still adust the equalizer from your media player (iTunes, etc)

HP Recommended

@js2393 wrote:

SOLUTION!!!!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin...

Someone at NBR found a way to disable all IDT enhacements which disables the "volume swings". Sadly, this also disables the Beats/IDT equalizer and other effects. However, you can still adust the equalizer from your media player (iTunes, etc)

Actually, I would say "WORKAROUND!!!!".  As the OP in that thread points out, setting that registry option disables ALL enhancements (Beats, bass/treble/EQ, etc).  The real solution needs to come from HP and/or IDT.

I just got my own little workaround... a USB to stereo audio adapter (Amazon B001MSS6CS), $10 shipped.  No driver disc required, just plug in and go.  Interestingly, when I click on the Properties for that guy, there's an Enhancements tab (along with General, Levels, Advanced), and under Enhancements, there's checkboxes for Bass Management, Virtual Surround, Room Correction, and... Loudness Equalization.  There's also a master "Disable all enhancements" checkbox, and that's the checkbox that the guy on NBR found buried in the registry.  On the same Properties page for the IDT device (Beats Audio), there is no "Enhancements" tab, just "Tone Control"... they've buried whatever options there may have been to disable Loudness Equalization.

The true fix would be to find out which specific registry key kills just loudness EQ and leaves everything else intact.  Whether that comes from HP as a driver fix, or from a registry hack, I don't much care at this point.  For now, I'm using my $10 USB dongle to play Pandora.

HP Recommended

ProtocolOH nailed it. Thank you.

I checked "disable all enhancements" and solved the issue.

Beats audio effects are gonne, but I don't care since I found them to be garbage anyway.

BBE Maximizer for Low bitrate MP3s though a VST plugin in WMP/MPlayer is all I need to tweak the audio.

Bummer that the beats button is useless now.

HP Recommended

@ProtocolOH wrote:
 Interestingly, when I click on the Properties for that guy, there's an Enhancements tab (along with General, Levels, Advanced), and under Enhancements, there's checkboxes for Bass Management, Virtual Surround, Room Correction, and... Loudness Equalization.  There's also a master "Disable all enhancements" checkbox, and that's the checkbox that the guy on NBR found buried in the registry.  On the same Properties page for the IDT device (Beats Audio), there is no "Enhancements" tab, just "Tone Control"... they've buried whatever options there may have been to disable Loudness Equalization.

Yeah, it seems like they just preconfigured some IDT settings, and then hid them from the Beats control panel. What the heck, HP?

HP Recommended

@kckstrt wrote:

ProtocolOH nailed it. Thank you.

I checked "disable all enhancements" and solved the issue.

Beats audio effects are gonne, but I don't care since I found them to be garbage anyway.

BBE Maximizer for Low bitrate MP3s though a VST plugin in WMP/MPlayer is all I need to tweak the audio.

Bummer that the beats button is useless now.

Well OK, question for you... where did you find a "Disable All Enhancements" checkbox in the IDT driver settings?  Were you one of the folks who uninstalled/reinstalled drivers?  When I drill into my "Speakers and Headphones / IDT hi-def Audio Codec" properties, I don't have an Enhancements tab, just a Tone Controls tab, and there's no "Disable All Enhancements" checkbox.  That's what the guy on NBR figured out how to do, he found the registry setting that corresponded to Disable All and changed it that way.  How did you manage to do it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.