Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just contacted HP live chat and ranted about this issue. They claim that they're aware of this and currently there is no fix for it. After I asked how long it would take to come up with a driver that patches this, they said "It would take a month. It is on developing stage." 

I'm wondering whether I should believe this and wait it out for a patch or not take the chance and just get a different laptop all together. Looks like all we can do at this point is wait guys /:

HP Recommended

Hey guys, to anyone who has responded or will see this in the future, I spent some time talking with customer service reps and after a few different emails I was told to send all complaints etc to this link:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

The reps I talked with seemed to care its just that they probably dont have any swing involving this major of an issues just single computer issues but if more of us send this issue via this email it will get HP to start moving toward a solution, otherwise tuff luck.  One thing that significantly helped me was to change the EQ settings and make the "center" speakers the predominate. Additionally, going into Itunes, you can again access EQ setting and change them and it drastically helps with the shift. However, I still would like HP to solve this solution as it is a pretty big problem. Please submit your comments and complaints to the above site as the more comments the customer service department receives the higher the priority the problem is. Good luck!

HP Recommended

@bshocks316 wrote:

Hey guys, to anyone who has responded or will see this in the future, I spent some time talking with customer service reps and after a few different emails I was told to send all complaints etc to this link:

The reps I talked with seemed to care its just that they probably dont have any swing involving this major of an issues just single computer issues but if more of us send this issue via this email it will get HP to start moving toward a solution, otherwise tuff luck.  One thing that significantly helped me was to change the EQ settings and make the "center" speakers the predominate. Additionally, going into Itunes, you can again access EQ setting and change them and it drastically helps with the shift. However, I still would like HP to solve this solution as it is a pretty big problem. Please submit your comments and complaints to the above site as the more comments the customer service department receives the higher the priority the problem is. Good luck!

Well, that's exactly what I did.  Hopefully everyone else in this thread drops a note as well.  I did my best to explain the issue at an executive level, hopefully someone takes notice.

HP Recommended
I'm going to also send an email asap! Thanks to those who already have and for the link!
HP Recommended

@bshocks316 wrote:

Well I just sent my lengthy message to the CEO. Second time for me to contact HP, but hey, this is for us all. I appreciate everyone's help in making this problem known to HP, so keep it up! Hopefully what the representatives told @technokarate is true. I really don't want to wait another month for this to be resolved, but there is really nothing that I can do. It's a shame that such an amazing piece of technology can be ruined by this small problem. Do your part in making this known to HP. 

HP Recommended

I did the same but I doubt I will ever purchase another HP product again. I LOVE to listen to music so when this audio fail happened it made me lose my taste for HP computers. Not even my Two older desktops, G60, and TouchSmart tx2 had audio this terrible and those were older computers. I mean if I can't enjoy the one thing I got a notebook for what's the point? I'm not going to rant about how HP sucks and other computers companies are better because each has their own faults. Even the mighty apple had it's hinge failure on some MBAs but I'll admit that the audio on my MBA is far better than my HP right now. Might as well just use my dv4t-5100 as a playlist/CD drive hub since it does have a decent CD/DVD/Blue-ray drive and bigger hard drive than my MBA and that way at least I can save some room on my other hard drive this way. But I would NEVER accept another HP computer even if they offered it to me for free with the best upgrades. :HalfEyes: 

HP Recommended

Sent a message via the provided link and also just completed the RMA process... I have a DV6-7014NR, which is otherwise an outstanding laptop. However, the audio issue is a deal breaker for me.

It's going back unless there is a fix for the audio driver posted before noon tomorrow (wishful thinking).

HP Recommended
Hey everyone I just wanted tell you that over the last two days I received 2 to 3 calls from HP regarding this issue from the customer service department. They've asked me what is wrong with my computer and I explained to them that it is not my computer but the beats audio sound system and their driver they put out. I then explained how many other users have experienced this with other models of computers and they have sent them in, spent hours with tech support and updated all of their drivers with no avail. They were happy to hear the problem and the lady I talked with today said she will bump it up on her priority of complaints and that they have become aware of the problem

I was told that at the moment there is no solution except to disable beats audio or adjust the settings to make it more bearable but there will not be a definite date of when the new driver or update is released however they are working on it right now so this is very promising for the future weeks or months. My own personal opinion would be now that they have recognize the problem and realize that there needs to be a solution I probably am going to keep my computer through the trial because after talking with them they said there will be an update in the future but they cannot guarantee when. However knowing that there will be an update sometime in the foreseeable future is enough to probably keep the computer because I plan on having my computer for the next 2 to 4 years and not go back to my old computer carrier whichy computer was far less well-made than this HP. Be encouraged that they are listening finally and I was told that the people I talk to weren't allowed or didn't have any say in what to post but that they have received our complaints and are working on it but I told them I would pass the word on to those in forum to let them know

If you still are having major issues e-mail the link attached above and let them know there is a problem with the audio and beats audio driver and sound quality and it should help to continue to elevate the problem at HP and push the date of an update from their design team. In the meantime really play with your EEQ settings both through the beats audio and through your program such as iTunes are Windows media player it very much helped my computer to limit the wave and sound distortion to a bearable amount until they can come up with the driver update. Good luck!
HP Recommended

This morning I received a call from HP from their customer service/relations department. I was able to give an explanation to the representative regarding my experience with the audio issue. He then connected me with technical support who wanted to troubleshoot the issue - rather than do that, I asked him to let me explain the steps already taken, the results and what others are experiencing (including references to this thread). Ultimately, he agreed that there is a problem and its likely driver based.

He told me that he was escalating the problem within HP and wanted to know if I needed an RMA to return the laptop to HP (not a repair, but a return) with the option of selecting another laptop product in its place. I declined (since I already have an RMA).

It appears that they are paying attention. However, without a guaranteed fix, I am not willing to take the risk and hold on to it.

HP Recommended

Just got a call from someone in the Notebook Support Group... they're definitely aware of this issue and are going to be working on it.  I guess my email was detailed enough that they didn't need any additional info from me.  They gave me a case number and a number/extension to call for the issue.  The support guy seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about with disabling specific enhancements.  So it's looking good that HP is actually moving on a fix for the issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.