Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got a new dv7 and this problem is utterly ridiculous.  I came here to find a fix but it's a 20 page thread.  Does one of these pages have a fix on it?  I checked the driver section on HP's website and didn't see any updated audio driver listed for my computer.

HP Recommended

My brand new dv6 has the same problem. As far as i can tell it's an issue on all HP laptops with beats audio. I'm not sure if HP are even recognizing it as a problem at all. 

HP Recommended

They aren't bind to it.  Expecially since they are releasing drivers to try and fix it--with mixed results.

HP Recommended

@seether254 wrote:

My brand new dv6 has the same problem. As far as i can tell it's an issue on all HP laptops with beats audio. I'm not sure if HP are even recognizing it as a problem at all. 

They absolutely do recognize it as a problem.  A case manager contacted me a couple of times to update me on what they were doing.  It may just be that they're trying to work through all the various models of laptops that may be affected.  He told me to watch for an updated driver for my laptop (newer than the 8/24/2012 release), though I haven't seen one in the last month (just checked).  The 8/24 release definitely seemed to improve things, though I can't tell if the issue has completely gone away or not; some folks contend that it's still very much there, just not as obvious.

HP Recommended

Thanks, i saw a few pages back that they are right now they in beta testing for a new driver. 

HP Recommended

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

Installing the new 

IDT High Definition Audio Driver 

Released: 2012-08-24 Version:

WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM.

For my HP Pavilion dv6-7009tx I downloaded it at 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107964-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Find the one specific to your HP Model, and download that driver, it will update your IDT  Audio Driver obviously, and also update your Beats Audio software to the latest version, which will fix the audio fluctuation.

I just managed to fix mine after hours of reading into this problem on this thread and other places.

I use HD Sound Quality Headphones as I am a part-time DJ, and I can assure you that the volume fluctuation is gone, 

finally I can listening to all my sick bass drops without hearing them fade away randomly.

Also the new driver makes the volume limit preset pretty high, you wont hear the difference on the built in speakers,

but when you blug in Headphones or Earphones, you will notice they go way louder now.

Hope you all find this helpful.

HP Recommended

The newer version (8-24-2012) doesn't work on the Envy 17t 3200, the muffling effect is less than before but still audible. I did the fix with the previous driver that disables the Bass/Treble/Center/Space/Focus effects but leaves the EQ working! For the time being this is the only acceptable Beats Audio experience. It's a shame that the problem still exists! Write to the CEO and let her know, that many people in here have thought about returning their laptops because of this oversight but yet serious issue! I hope HP hires more musically inclined techs that give thumbs up before releasing an inferior version of a possibly great product!

HP Recommended

we appreciate the thought but thats an old half *bleep* driver update that doesnt completely fix the issue.

Its noticeably better but all of us here already downloaded and installed that

HP Recommended

@Bren10 wrote:

We appreciate the thought but thats an old half *bleep* driver update that doesn't completely fix the issue.

It's noticeably better but all of us here already downloaded and installed that

Yeah, I've got it installed, and while it's better, it's still a little off.  I still use my USB-to-stereo dongle for my desktop speakers.  The HP support guy told me to keep my eyes out for an updated driver, it's been a while now, not sure if it's actually coming out or not.  Just checked earlier for my laptop (dv7-7000 CTO Quad Edition), and it still shows the 8-24-2012 driver as the latest.  Guess all we can do is just check back every couple of weeks or so to see if a new driver has actually been posted.

HP Recommended

It's not just a little off - it's still terrible.  Not as bad as it was, but unacceptable nonetheless.  I use my laptop for gaming, among other things (The AMD A10-4600M is surprisingly good for gaming) and my volume fluctuates way up and down when people use voice communications.  I cannot overstate how much it bothers me.  The Beats Audio codec is just a stupid marketing gimmick.  I'd rather have a computer with no software installed than this amateurish crap from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.