Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It is an issue with a feature that they offer, they boldly advertise it  and we paid for! They are responsible for this feature to work properly and since it's not, as shown in this thread, they are responsible to provide a workaround that will satisfy ALL users/customers! It is as simple as that.

HP Recommended

I noticed volume swings again last night with the new driver.  The video game "Dota 2" triggers big volume swings when the characters talk, which is frequent.  I edited my post on page 22 that said my problem was fixed because it clearly was not.

HP Recommended

New drivers to try:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Adrynalyne!  So far, so good on my end.  Although I said that last time and i was wrong then.  I'll keep testing for a few days before commenting on this driver.  Thanks for the link!

HP Recommended

Please post as soon as you have tried the new driver, what your experience is. Also don't forget to mention what model you have and any other details that may help others. Thanks guys, I highly appreciate your input!

HP Recommended

@adrynalyne wrote:

New drivers to try:

What laptop models are these drivers for?  I checked online for my laptop model (dv7-7000 CTO Quad Edition), and it still shows the 8/24/2012 drivers (sp57966.exe).

HP Recommended

@ProtocolOH wrote:

@adrynalyne wrote:

New drivers to try:

What laptop models are these drivers for?  I checked online for my laptop model (dv7-7000 CTO Quad Edition), and it still shows the 8/24/2012 drivers (sp57966.exe).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.html

Don't kid yourself that they are model specific...there are two 6423 packages floating around, both for different model.  The differences?  A couple text files inside the package.

HP Recommended

No, really, what model and OS is this for? Last time I installed random driver, my OS crashed.

HP Recommended

I posted a link. It is literally in the post just before yours.

HP Recommended

I have found a solution that works for me. This is for my HP envy m6 1125dx.

However it does involve completely disabling beats audio/ IDT hi def audio codec, which means you will not get the beats audio control panel with all of the alterations ("enhancements"). There will now be an "enhancements" tab under  playback devices--> speaker properties which has several options such as bass boost.

Go to device manager

Under sound, video, and game controllers, right click on IDT high definition audio codec and go to properties

go to the "driver" tab and click on update driver

click browse my computer for driver software, then click "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

click on "high definition audio device" and click next

click yes

This will replace the IDT high def audio codec/beats audio driver with the stock audio driver.

I was about to head out to best buy to return this computer until I found this.

One of the main reasons I use my laptop is to produce music, and the manipulation of sound by the idt audio/beats audio was unacceptable and unbelievably frustrating. I now have crystal clear sound with a flat EQ response and no limiting/compression/volume swings.

Hopefully this can help someone!

Alex

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.