Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,455 Views)
Accepted Solution

Volume Touch Button Light

I've got a HP Pavilion DV6 2020sa, and I uninstalled the IDT Audio Driver, I then relised that I acctually used it so I reinstalled it, and fro the first 2 or 3 reboots the light changes colour correctly, red for mute and white for not muted. Now however it is constantly red, even if not mute. I've tried the thing where you turn the PC off, remove the battery and power cable and hold the power button for 30 seconds, but it didn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Volume Touch Button Light

Uninstall the current driver for the IDT audio.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install the latest IDT audio driver for your specific model from here.

Restart the system.

Download and install the HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.13.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

Restart the system again.

Note:

I know that your already tried to reinstall the driver but please use the full procedure.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,391 Views)

p/n: VJ342EA#ABU

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (2,388 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall the current driver for the IDT audio.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install the latest IDT audio driver for your specific model from here.

Restart the system.

Download and install the HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.13.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

Restart the system again.

Note:

I know that your already tried to reinstall the driver but please use the full procedure.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,357 Views)

OK, thanks. The problem seems to have been sorted now. Thanks for your help.

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (2,350 Views)

You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation