Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
11 9 0 4
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post

Volume Very Low

HP Recommended

I have the Pavillion DM3 notebook and the volume is so low that in order to hear it I have to have it almost fully cranked. A third of the volume is basically too quiet to hear at all. if 2 peole wanted to watch a movie they wouldn't be able to hear it.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very same issue here.  Pitifully low volume.  Have been through what appears to be all of the volume and audio device control panels but I haven't found a magic bullet yet.  HP DM3-1130US with Win 7 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here. DV6-2150US. Otherwise, the machine works like a champ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

brand new DM4 laptop, can't hear a damned thing.  Anybody??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on the dm3 1130us. Still havent found a solution... HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
11 9 0 4
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Seems like HP doesn't give a d^%$ either. 😞 so next computer I go back to buying Dell.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a DV7-1245dx with same issue. After upgrading to W7 Prof, amongst the several things that dont work right are the volume and teh remote conrol.

I can barely hear movies with this"Altec Lansing" sound system... go figure.

HP - why not help here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did you check using a headset or headphones? it could be a hardware issue with the speakers if everything is ok with headphones

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
11 9 0 4
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes headphones work fine. So then how do I fix that? Does something need to be replaced?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

probably if you already updated sound card and bios and everything is fine on  playback devices under control panel / sound there is a chance that the issue remains on the speakers

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation