Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
11 9 0 4
Message 11 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ugh that means a call to HP tech support and they aren't very good. Well thanks for your help 🙂
Highlighted
Level 3
11 11 2 9
Message 12 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Please let me know that did you upgrade to windows 7 from retail CD or Hp upgrade Kit, if grom Hp upgrade kit try to find the device ID from the device manager,

Let me know if there is any dificulty to finding the device id

Regards,

dip.
Level 2
11 9 0 4
Message 13 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's a new laptop shipped with W7 Home edition.
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same thing happen to me. Then, as soon as I plugged in any headphone, I went from AMAZING sound to having the entire volume controls on my computer to MAX plus player to MAX and got a distorted sound. At first the only way to fix it i thought would be for a FULL and complete Restore of the computer, complete Reformat! After the second time, I started trying to find a new way to fix the problem, and found a great fix! Go into ur Device Manager, uninstall ur audio driver COMPLETELY, then once that is done, restart your computer and it will reinstall the Drivers on start once it Automatically recognizes the software driver for the Hardware isnt installed, it will reinstall the drivers, once it reinstalls, it should work COMPLETELY, like new!

Hope that this is helpful and if it is let me know. Thanks for listening!

Follow me on Twitter, @casey_holloway or FaceBook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/casey.holloway1

Hope it helps! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Follow me on Twitter, @casey_holloway or FaceBook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/casey.holloway1
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
11 11 2 9
Message 15 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Did you gys try with reinstalling the SOUND DRIVER from the recovery manager. For that you just need to do the following steps:::

• Click Start , enter recovery into the search field, and then select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available.
  • Grant permission to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.
  • On the Recovery Manager window, select Hardware Driver Reinstallation in the I need help immediately box.
  • Click Next , select the sound driver to reinstall, and then click Next .
  • Wait while HP Recovery Manager reinstalls the original audio driver, and then click Finish
  •  

And I personally sugget you to go through the following link once:::

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01912228#

Regards,

dip.
    Level 2
    11 9 0 4
    Message 16 of 26
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended
    Just did that and now cannot hear any sound when I play videos I just watched before the installation. I get an error message that says Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems (speakers and headphones, IDT High def audio codec). Would you like to disable driver enhancements. So I chose "yes". Then the sound worked and it was much louder BUT now I can't use the keyboard volume adjustment, I have to use the adjustment slider on the program playing the video. But it's progress.
    0 Kudos
    Highlighted
    Author
    Level 2
    11 9 0 4
    Message 17 of 26
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended
    Now I wish I had the low volume back because now I cannot hear anything through the TV when I connect via HDMI. This must have been one of the enhancements I had to disable? The IDT panel shows the HDMI output is diabled. How do I fix this?
    0 Kudos
    Highlighted
    Author
    Level 2
    11 9 0 4
    Message 18 of 26
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended
    So I went back to the factory installation. I bought the laptop to play videos on my HDTV so I am back to square one. 😞
    0 Kudos
    Highlighted
    Level 3
    11 11 2 9
    Message 19 of 26
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Hi

This is the way I found to increase the volume in windows 7::::

1. Go to Control Panel  and open Sounds.

increase-volume-1

2. Click on Properties and open the Enhancements tab.

increase-volume-2

3. Now check the Loudness Equalization option and press OK.

increase-volume-3

You should now notice a considerable increase in the volume.

I can say because it work for me

Regards,

dip.
    Level 2
    11 9 0 4
    Message 20 of 26
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended
    The volume seems a little higher but not as good as when I reinstalled the drivers, but I can use my HDMI port again and so I will quit while I am ahead. Thanks for all the help everyone. 🙂
    0 Kudos
    This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation