Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

WE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH 7690M XT GPU DRIVERS!

HP Recommended

Greetings ppl.
I'm from Belgrade, Serbia, I spent almost all my pocketmoney to buy this laptop, HP PAVILION DV7-6C02EM.
(you can also check spec. at http://www.gigatronshop.com/laptop_racunari/hp_pavilion_dv7-6c02em_-_core_i7-2670qm_-_a9x56ea-14937
What I wanted to say is we cannot find any new drivers for this graphic, and I payed almost 1000euros for this model up here.
I wanna get really nice playing and looking ex.
I bag for your help asap, new games are coming and I think ppl understand the problem. I hope some of HP admins or officials will see my post and help me and ofc a lot of other ppl in the world.
By buying HP, we saw TRUST, now SHOW US that TRUST, and make a God **bleep** support for new drivers for ATI RADEON 7690m XT Graphic card.

Thanks for your time and greetings from small Serbia. 

Stefan Berić
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Level 2
25 23 0 2
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings from another victim!  We are all suffered from HP's poor support of HD 7690M XT... I guess you are talking about Diablo3, right?  With original HP driver, my switchable card can't even function well, so I followed the suggestions from another thred on this forum, update the driver to CCC 12.2 preview.   I ran Diablo3beta on my laptop with CCC 12.2 preview; I could only reach FPS of around 30 on maximum display quality ( my scrren resolution is Full HD).   ( I believe this card is capable of hitting much better FPS if it got a decent driver.)

Also because my FPS would drop to less than 10 suddenly in games for no reason, I decided  to switch to unofficial driver, Leshcat, together with MSI Afterburner.  Doing this improve the performance significantly, FPS hits around 45.   Nevertheless my graphic card still freezes out sometimes, and I would blame this problem to the driver.   If HP could come up with a new, working driver, I think all the mysterious problems will disappear.

Unfortunately HP is just deaf to all the complaints from the owners of this graphic card.   

We are now orphans forgotten by HP...

PLEASE UPDATE THE DRIVER FOR HD 7690M XT GRAPHIC CARD !!!!!

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For ex. Diablo III yeah.
But will graph improve if I install AMD CCC on my laptop? I heard rumors that we are reducing 100 mhz or something by doing this. I wanna responsce is this worth 100 mhz or whatever ...
And what do you mean my freezes? It stop working and you need to restart your HP to make it work again? Right?

Stefan Berić
0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 6 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 1000 euros is big amount for a customer but it's a verry little price for the trust to a company like HP, So it's HP full responsability to 'At Least' find a way to update the driver through AMD site .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I guess... 😕
Soon, I'll make a video on YouTube desc. this problem. And I will link it here. I will ask for your help so we can share it all over, put comments and stuff ^^ 

Stefan Berić
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 1
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just dont sit back and take this abuse. Everyone FIGHT BACK!!! Dont allow HP to run all over its customers. Show them we have a voice. Do something, do everything you can to bring this issue to HP's attention. I will not let a day go by without informing someone to either NOT PURCHASE A HP PRODUCT, or to message someone of our HORRIBLE HP ISSUES regarding the 7690 gpu installed laptops. SHOW HP WE DO HAVE A VOICE!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there.

I totally agree with you! I will do exactly that, just to find time to make a video about this problem. I hope I can count on your help. On help I mean sharing and commenting positive in this case.
Thanks in advance 

Stefan Berić
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I managed to find a way to get the card to work correctly for Diablo 3. Use drivers.leshcatlabs.org and download the 12.3 (NOT 12.4!) drivers. Use the YUC feature to clear out all drivers already installed then install these all the way through. Then using MSI Afterburner you can 'overclock' to 900MHz to get the speed you should already have on the card. It's not the most straightforward fix, but I'm pulling 60 fps on D3 now with high settings. 12.4 had an issue where the memory clocks were stuck at 100MHz regardless of what I set them to (even using Afterburner) which was murdering any gaming I tried to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 13 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

last time and for me who trust hp...i have the same problem!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 0 2
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does anyone know how long  HP sold the 7690M XT in the dvt6 or 7?  I paid a huge amount

to get a notebook  way outdated before purchase. 

I feel so cheated by HP from the first call to purchase and all the other hour and two long tech calls , three hour and yes four!  All to try to understand what was going on with the graphics. For two months all but one tech told me I did not have switchable graphics.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation