Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

WINDOWS 8 ACTIVATION AND POOR SUPPORT

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy laptop which i purcased new.

Following a HP upgrade using the support assistant the BIOS was upgraded and then thats when problems started.

I contacted suport and they said to re install windows which i did then windows comes up and says cant activate the number has been blocked.  Contact Miscrosoft and they say its HP problem so I riung HP suppoort.

They told me to re install windows from a disk which they sent to me.  So I have - and bear in mind this is now the third time  have had to reinstall windwos and all programs again.

Still have the same proble - cant activate windows.

Ring supoprt who tell me that HP will supply me with a proiduct key and they will ring me back.

I have rung now 5 times and each time i am told that it has been escaltred to level 2 and that I will be conatacted that day with an answer.

As yet I have had no phone calls back, windows still say needs to activate and i have to deal with the blue activation scrteen every now and then.

How do i get the product key or better still someone to actually ring me back on the issue which i have been tild will happen and as yet hasnt.

I have read the other helps and have done what they say and that doesnt work.

I need this fixed as it has nopw been over 1 week of utter frustration and poor customer service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,676 9,585 776 3,589
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum!

I am sorry about the issue you experience.

Please, note that I have notified the appropriate people and you could be contacted in private about your issue.

Thank you!

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** My location: Europe *** Volunteer
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response back.

I hope so to as its getting veryt frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,676 9,585 776 3,589
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tanypoc wrote:

Thanks for the quick response back.

I hope so to as its getting veryt frustrating.

You are most welcome!

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** My location: Europe *** Volunteer
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,646 9,638 7 162
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

12/26/13 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having been told that the reason windows wont activate is because its 8.1 I was told to re install woindows again (its now the fourth time) and then put in the key and it will work.

Well guess what - it doesnt.

It takes a few hours to re install windows then all the programs etc and all i need is a valid product key.  Why is this being so hard?

I am now very frustrated and extremely annoyed at this as it seems no one knows how to fix this? 

Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All fixed now

Appears there are 2 areas you can put in the activation code and one works the other didnt.  who knew

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you kindly share what the two areas were?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,646 9,638 7 162
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

07/14/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation