cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

WINDOWS RECOVERY FROM RECOVERY PARTITION

HP Recommended
Hp Envy 15 Ae130tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys: 
My problem was started by crashing my windows 10 soon after Logging windows password.

First of all  I tried Recovering by F11 method. But an error showed up saying Your device needs to repaired and not connected kr cant be acessed (Code: 0xc000000f).

Then i tried Repairing windows from bootable windows 10 USB but again it failed too (Error was startup repair cant repiar your system).

After trying this when i pulled my usb out,  i was not able to start my windows because on startup ,before windows 10 logo ,every time an error showed up saying (No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key)

So i thought i could help my self by formatting c: drive and installing new windows from usb. But again i failed , error saying (your partition is of GTP type) after formatting c:

So To get rid of (no bootable device) error on stratup i thought i can get rid of it by formatting MBR partition and another very first partition labelling System. Both of them were 26OMB and 128MB respectively.
But nothing happened after formatting both of them too. 

I forgot to tell that apart from builtin windows 10... i had installed windows 7 too in my system long before all this story.
when everything was Alright.

At this moment following Partitions are on my Hard drive.

Partition 1:  260 MB , Type:System , Name: MBR, ( Currently formatted by me, mentioned above)
Partition 2:  120MB, Type:System, Name: (I dont remember lable , but i formatted it along with above one )

Partition 3: 500 Gb , Primary, Windows10 ( builtin windows was installed here, but it is formatted too)
Partition 4: 426GB, Primary, My personal data is here
Partition 5: 25 GB: Primary, windows 7 was installed here by me... long ago

Partition 6: 730MB: Type : Recovery: ( I never touched this drive, it is only 16 MB used rest is free)
Partition 7: 15GB : Recovery : ( It is almost 95% Occupied, I never touched it too.)

I never touched Last and Second last Recovery partition. Rather i have their Acronics true image too. i created the Acronics images (.tib) of both the same day when i purchased the laptop.
This is the link of the pics of these partitions and detail.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xfjvel929x1oc1u/AAB9o8Z0SZAjS1AsewdYLvYGa?dl=0

After all that someone told me to copy the files of Partition 7 ( Builtin Recovery Drive) to a FAT32 Usb and try booting from it. i copied all contects from Recovery Deive to usb via Inserted Windows Bootable USB>Repair window> Advance Options> Explorer. 
But  balck screen shows up saying "Missing oprating files"
Here is the link of screeshot of Files in Partion 7 (Recovery Partition)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bdhq8z9fb0u4v2/Photo%2007-12-2016%2C%203%2000%2041%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Then mounted acronics Image of Partition 7 (Created when i bought the laptop) on Partition 3 which was Windows 10 previously and copied the files to usb. Still same error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all this event...
Now i am seeking for your help... 

is there any way i can use the recovery partition to recover my original windows back. 

Any sort of help you guys can do apart from telling me to Buy Recovery Disk from HP.

ANOTHER question is my mind is Does recovery of windows  has to do anything with Partition 6. Because only i am copying Partition 7 contents to usb. 
I can share the pic of its contents if you demand.

Are these acronics Images (.tib) helpful by any means. (Partition 6&7)

Any sort of help you guys can provide... I am looking forward for any help... Any sort of help is welcomed.

Regards
Zaid

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,161 42,950 6,879 12,049
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. Send a picture of the partition layout. I fear you have created quite a mess here and I wonder if maybe there is a problem with the hard drive. Have you run an F2 diagnostic scan on the hard drive? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No i didnt run F2 Diagnoatic test... I am just doing it...
How can i send you Partition layout... do you mean from windows bootable explorer?
like list of the partitions?
some of the pics are attached above... Hope you have took a look at them....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Diagnostic test says

SMART Check : Passed
Short DST: Passed

Long DST will take 3 hours 😂...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,161 42,950 6,879 12,049
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wait for the long test. I am a volunteer here. I sometimes go a few days without being here. It is a Forum. Other people can likely help. I do not do private support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
16 12 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have perfomed long test ... it is passed as well...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation