Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
moonworker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wake-up from sleep mode

HP255 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP forum experts,

quite simple, I wish to wake-up from sleep mode via an external keybaord or mouse (RF). Both peripherals are connected to USBs. I tried all power related adjustments in Windows 10 PRO. I read the article " HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues", but there is no help for my problem.

I guess that I would need to change the USB power settings in BIOS (UEFI), however, these settings are not available in BIOS.

Any help ? Thanks in advance

Klaus

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71869 8691 18693
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wake-up from sleep mode

Hi,

I use external mice and keyborads 99% of my time on at least half a dozen of laptops daily form 3 vendors HP, Dell and Lenovo.  Just checking them and (Windows 7 Pro, Whidows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home):

wake_a.png

They all work as designed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
moonworker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wake-up from sleep mode

Hello,

thanks for your time and help !

I went through all Windows 10 settings regarding Power/device control including the one you mentioned multiple times. Unfortunately  with no progress.

Best regards and a Happy New Year

Moonworker

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation