Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
52dedhed Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Want to upgrade my laptop to support both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

HP 15 f272 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 15 f272 laptop did not come with a Bluetooth network adapter - it has Wi-Fi only.  There is only one (1) antenna wire connected to the PCI mini adapter, and a second wire is not visible anywhere.

1.  Is it possible to upgrade this laptop's wireless capability to include both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?

2.  Is there a second antenna wire (for Bluetooth) hidden inside the laptop's case?

3.  Where inside the case is this second wire located, and is it difficult to get to?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74393 74283 9052 19516
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think your machine is the following one:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04853111.pdf

You can use one of the following device

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au?catarget...

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
52dedhed Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My plan is to replace the existing mini PCI wireless adapter with this one:

Azureware AW-NB107H / 802.11n/b/g WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 / Half-Size PCI-Express MiniCard (Broadcom BCM43142 (single chip))

The HP 15 Product and Services Guide states that Broadcom BCM43142 is supported.

You did not answer my question regarding a second (white) antenna wire:

Is there a sencond antenna wire in my laptop, and if so, where will I find it?

Please answer the question as posted.  If your answer is not affirmative, I will gladly consider your alternate solution.  However, I would appreciate a direct answer to my original question as I would prefer to have an internal rather than an external device.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation