Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tim_Miner Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty for battery pack

Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer kept giving an error message that something was wrong whenever I tried to wake it up from sleep.

I did a restart and a reset with the same results.

However, if I remove the battery pack and run on the power supply it operates normally.

I do not understand how the battery can affect it this way when, on battery power, the computer came alive enough to give the error message in the first place.

Do I need a replacement battery pack?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2340
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty for battery pack

Hi @Tim_Miner,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. It is a great site for information and questions. I have read your post about  an error that pops up about sleep and when the battery is removed the computer seems to work fine. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

At the outset, I was amazed at the levels of technical skills and technical knowledge you possess. Excellent job on doing a reset and isolating the issue by removing the battery and checking. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a pleasure to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

Let’s perform a few steps to try and resolve the issue.

• Please uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers from device manager. Steps:
  • Please click on search type device manager and click on device manager.
  • Once in device manager select batteries>Expand the arrow in front of it and uninstall all drivers including “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”> then Right click and scan for hardware changes to bring it back.
  • Please update the bios from http://hp.com/drivers Please select the region and language and enter the product# and follow the on-screen instructions to update the bios. You could update it from HP support assistant also.
  • Please run battery diagnostics to isolate the issue to a failed battery. Steps:
  • The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  • Please run component tests and battery test. Please make a note of the failure code if it fails.
  • Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  • Please make sure that the power plan is set to maximum performance. Open windows Control Panel, open Power Options and next to your currently selected power plan, click Change plan setting.  In the following window, click Change advanced power settings.  In the next window, open up 'Wireless Adapter Settings' and then open up 'Power Saving Mode'.  Next to On battery: click the current setting and a drop-down box will appear - select 'Maximum Performance'.  Do the same for Plugged in.  Then click Apply and Ok to save these settings.
  • Restart the notebook and see if this has helped the issue.

For further troubleshooting please visit this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

Please keep me informed about it. Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps.If it does, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation