Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Andy40 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Water Spill

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I spilled a few drops of water on my keyboard a few weeks back. I'v waited and the keyboard still doesn't want to work. I also cannot scroll down on pages at all. It worked today for an hour until I pressed the volume button and it stopped working again. What should I do?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14028 1326 3146
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Water Spill

Andy40

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here are some things you can try:  You Just Spilled Water Or Coffee On Your Laptop - Here's What You Should Do

But frankly, once it gets wet, the only real way to fix it is to take or send it to an HP Service Center, where they will disassemble it to determine how much damage was done, and (as far as I know) water damage is NOT covered under the warranty.

Here is information on the Service Centers: HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation