Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (11,427 Views)

Web Cam problem Pavilion dv6000

I have Pavilion dv6000, Windows Vista 32bit.

The webcam is invisible to the computer as if it was not connected. When system starts up i can see the information: "usb device not recognized. one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned" and nothing is plugged to computer in this time. Maybe this is becouse of dead webcam..?

From about the year my webcam is not working. I didn't use it, so I wasn't matter about this, but now would be good to finally fix it. I can't remember any damages or problems when it stopped working. Is it possible internal damage to the camera cable through the opening and closing the laptop cover..? During this year has been replaced hard drive, Windows was reinstalled and the problem still exists.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (11,417 Views)

Re: Web Cam problem Pavilion dv6000

Hi,

Can you see it under Device Manager (Under Imaging Devices) ?  If Yes, please check its Properties and post back.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (11,414 Views)

No, there's no "Imaging Devices".

Under "universal serial bus controllers" there is unknown device when nothing is plugged.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (11,412 Views)

Hi,

Looks like your machine does not have webcam driver. Please go to this site to download and install it (under Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices)

http://tinyurl.com/3s4ejh2

After the installation, please check "Imaging devices" in "Device Manager" again. If it's there, just enable it.

Regards,

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (11,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

I installed the "HP Webcam Driver with Firmware Upgrade for Microsoft Windows Vista" and restarted computer, but nothing has changed. There is still no "Imaging devices" in the "Device Manager".

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (11,398 Views)

Hi,

Looks like the webcam is not there physically. I think you may need to check from hardware side and to be honest, buying a small webcam and clip it on the laptop is much cheaper than repair the laptop.

Regards,

BH
Student
Message 7 of 7 (6,780 Views)

[ Edited ]

а если сама камера до переустаноки системы работала , как в данной ситуации быть? ставлю драйвера последовательно, а ее все равно не видит ноутбук pavilion dv6000  -  6386ea Windows XP

Помогите решить проблему! Спасибо за помощь.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation